Soft Foods to Eat After Oral Surgery
You’re about to have oral surgery and you’re wondering, what can I eat?
For 3-5 days only soft foods after surgery to allow the surgical site to heal. Here are some suggested dishes so you and your caretaker are ready post surgery.
Day of Surgery
All food and drinks needs to be room temperature to cool. Avoid anything hot for the first 24 hours. Clear fluids such as juices, broth, Jell-O, and warm tea and coffee are advised on the day after surgery. Do not consume foods that require you to chew. You can slowly add thicker liquids and progress to soft foods.
Soft Foods for All Seasons
- Scrambled eggs
- Soft-cooked pasta or risotto
- Juices (avoid citrus the first week)
- Pudding or mousse
- Cottage cheese
- Chicken noodle soup
- Peanut butter
- Refried beans
Have you scheduled your consultation with an oral surgeon?
Contact Us today!
Soft Foods for Cool and Cold Season
- Mashed potatoes (dress them up with add-ins like sour cream, spices, gravy, etc.)
- Soups (tomato, cream of mushroom, asparagus, split pea)
- Crustless pumpkin pie
- Green bean casserole (skip the crunchy topping!)
- Sweet potato casserole
- Moist stuffing
- Shredded turkey (gravy helps!)
- Macaroni and cheese
Soft Foods for Warm and Hot Season
- Protein shakes
- Nut butters
- Acai bowls
- Poached fish
- Soft peaches, peeled
- Fresh vegetables, cooked until soft
Keep in mind that herbs (finely crushed) are a great way to add flavor to any soft food!